2018 Chevrolet Equinox Performance
The compact 2018 Chevrolet Equinox offers the exhilarating performance Flint and Clio, MI drivers demand from one of the top selling automakers in the world. From dynamic engines to state-of-the-art design, it’s little wonder why the Equinox is a top choice for informed Patsy Lou Chevrolet drivers who want to finance a great deal.
The new 2018 Chevy Equinox is powered by the impressive 1.5L direct-injected turbocharged gasoline engine mated to a smooth-shifting 6-speed automatic transmission. This 4-cylinder powerplant delivers as much as 170 hp and 203 lb.-ft. of peak torque while still offering drivers an EPA-estimated 32 mpg/highway fuel economy.
If power is the goal, Chevy also offers a 2.0L turbocharged gasoline engine mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission for up to 252 hp, up to 260 lb.-ft. of torque, and as much as 3,500 pounds of trailering capacity.
For drivers who prefer a diesel powerplant, the Equinox can accommodate that as well. The 1.6L turbodiesel powerplant offers drivers access to as much as 137 hp and 240 lb.-ft. of peak torque and fuel efficiency of up to 40 mpg/highway.
Other Performance Features
- Available AWD: Chevy’s available AWD system provides superior traction in all driving conditions.
- 4-Link Rear Suspension: By absorbing shocks from irregularities in the road, the Equinox offers drivers a smoother ride.
- MacPherson Struts: Telescopic dampers provide a more controlled ride with or without a trailer in tow.
- StabiliTrak: Stability control systems respond to irregularities by applying additional power or brake force when it detects slippage.
- ABS Braking: 4-wheel ABS brakes with 16-inch front and rear discs give drivers superior stopping control in emergency situations.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: Sensors detect when the tire pressure is low and alerts the driver. Properly inflated tires result in a better ride, safer operation, and improved fuel economy.
Test-drive the Chevrolet Equinox Today!
See why the experts are raving over the 2018 Chevy Equinox performance features when you schedule a Flint or Clio test drive with us. Contact Patsy Lou Chevrolet at (810) 600-3330 or stop by our showroom at 5135 Corunna Road in Flint, MI to get started.